Johanne Førde started as an associate in Schjødt in 2018 and was introduced to the role already at her first day in the office. "Amongst several things I was invited to an external meeting with one of the partners the first day", Johanne says. She has also been several times in court and Johanne has written a book together with her colleagues in Schjødt. "You are thrown into it quite quickly and that was super positive for me", she says.
The combination of academic strength, personal diversity and dedicated employees gives you an unique opportunity for both professional and personal development at Schjødt. If you strive for professional challenges, a varied and hectic work environment, and consider yourself an enthusiastic team player, Schjødt is the place for you.
Schjødt is a leading Norwegian full service business law firm with a team of over 180 lawyers in Oslo, Stavanger, Ålesund, Bergen and London. From October 9, 2019, Schjødt has announced its expansion to Sweden through a merger with Hamilton, a Swedish law firm consisting of 65 lawyers. Together we tailor our legal advice to our clients’ professional and geographical business objectives and needs.
- We have a long and proud tradition as an important player in Norway’s most recognised transactions, disputes and legal developments.
- Schjødt has an unparalleled track record in the courts and in arbitration. Sixteen of our lawyers are Supreme Court litigators, and we have represented clients in 26 Supreme Court disputes over the last two years.
- We have nine lawyers with a Ph.D. and more than 50 % of our lawyers have international education and/or experience.
- Our lawyers have published several books and publications that are recognised as leading legal sources within different disciplines.
- We regularly act on the largest and most complex transactions in the market and has over the last ten years advised on more transactions than any other Norwegian law firm. (Source: Mergermarket)
- We advise on a substantial amount of the IPOs in Norway, and have advised on more than 50 completed listings since 2006.
Working in Schjødt is fun and I felt very included in firm from day one! Johanne Førde, Associate