A dedicated team of highly experienced financial services lawyers advise both Norwegian and foreign banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions, investment firms, payment institutions, management companies for investment funds, alternative investment fund managers etc. concerning license requirements, conduct of business operations and other regulatory issues.
We have extensive experience with assisting the various players in the financial market with issues relating to operation and establishment of business inside or outside Norway.
We handle a substantial amount of regulatory work in the financial sector and enjoy a close relationship with some of the key sector organizations. Several of our partners and lawyers have invaluable experience from the regulatory side, including the Oslo Stock Exchange and the Norwegian Financial Supervisory Authority and other relevant industry bodies and associatons.
Our services include:
- Preparation of license applications, establishment of subsidiaries and branches.
- Acquisition and restructuring of institutions in the financial market and transfer of business areas.
- Legal advice with regard to business requirements, including organisation, compliance, managing conflict of interest, good business conduct, reporting requirements, capital adequacy etc.
- Preparation, updating and quality control of documentation, including customer agreements, insurance terms, business terms and internal instructions and routines.
- Contact with the Financial Supervisory Authority, the Ministry of Finance and other authoritative bodies, in addition to court litigation.
- Legal advice with regard to conduct of business operations, assistance in connection with public investigations, insurance claims settlements, designing of bonus schemes and enforcement of own-account trading rules.
- We have expertise on applicable national and European rules for financial services, and place great emphasis on keeping updated on the changes in authority practice and national legislation as well as future changes from the EU.
Primary contactsBjarne Rogdaberg
Mobile phone : +47 909 16 759
Phone : +47 23 01 18 90
Mobile phone : +47 905 78 159
Phone : +47 23 01 18 05
Hugo P. Matre
Mobile phone : +47 400 16 000
Phone : +47 55 55 35 19
Klaus Henrik Wiese-Hansen
Mobile phone : +47 928 06 986
Phone : +47 23 01 18 30
Odd Erik Johansen
Mobile phone : +47 482 42 089
Phone : +47 23 01 18 57
Mobile phone : +47 900 73 435
Phone : +47 23 01 18 46
Mobile phone : +47 901 62 377
Phone : +47 23 01 19 57
Phone : +47 23 01 15 23
Mobile phone : +47 400 92 953
Phone : +47 23 01 15 80