Banking & Finance
Schjødt's banking & finance team advises some of the largest and most prestigious Nordic and international banks and financial institutions, alternative credit providers, companies, investors and fund managers, as well as foreign law firms on the complete range of matters relating to debt financing, debt and equity-linked instruments, securities and regulatory matters.
We have extensive experience acting for finance institutions (including Nordic and international banks, export credit agencies and institutions as well as bond trustees). In addition, a substantial part of our practice revolves around acquisition and project financing, where we in cooperation with our M&A, capital markets and real estate practices assist clients in the interplay of banking and securities regulations and corporate transactions.
Our banking & finance lawyers are consistently named as leaders in their field by international publications, including Chambers, ILFR1000 and Legal 500.
Our services include
- Analyses/structuring of and providing other advisory services relating to financing and security arrangements and appurtenant processes, including coordination and closing logistics
- Advising on Norwegian, Swedish and cross-border financing documentation including, inter alia, offering documentation, credit agreements, security documents and coordination agreements
- Drafting complex Norwegian, Swedish and cross-border legal documentation at a high level of precision
- Providing specialist advice in legislative matters related to financing (including advising on financial assistance rules, Norwegian and Swedish securities laws as well as insolvency and restructuring matters)
- Advising specifically on the financing of various specialist business areas and categories of assets (such as real estate, consumer goods and services, shipping/rigs/offshore, oil and energy, aquaculture, fishing industry, fishing vessels, ship yards)
- Using our extensive network within financial institutions and in the international legal community to help clients efficiently and successfully close transactions