Banking & Finance
Schjødt's banking & finance team renders advise to several of the largest and finest Norwegian and international banks and financial institutions, corporations, investors and fund managers, as well as foreign law firms on the complete range of matters relating to debt financing, debt and equity-linked instruments, securities and regulatory matters.
We have extensive experience with finance institutions (Norwegian and foreign banks, Eksportfinans ASA and the succeeding Norwegian export financing scheme, the Norwegian Guarantee Institute for Export Credit, the Norwegian Trustee and others). A large part of our practice revolves around acquisition and project financing, where we in cooperation with our M&A practice assist clients in the interplay of banking and securities regulations and corporate transactions.
Our banking & finance lawyers are consistently named as leaders in their field by international publications.
Our services include
- Analyses/structuring of and other advisory services relating to financing and security arrangement and appurtenant processes, with substantial tasks relating to coordination and logistics
- Norwegian and foreign financing documentation including, inter alia, offering documentation, facility agreements, security documents and coordination agreements
- We have expertise in drafting complex Norwegian legal documentation at a high level of precision
- Financing of various business areas and categories of assets (as shipping/rigs/offshore, oil and energy, aquaculture, fishing industry, fishing vessels, ship yards, real estate) with a thorough business knowledge
- Specialists in legislative matters related to financing (the Norwegian Financial Contracts Act, Mortgages Act, Debenture Act, Financial Activities Act, Financial Institutions Act, Bankruptcy Act, Creditors Security Act, etc)
- Extensive network within financial institutions and in the international legal community