Over the past 30 years Schjødt has accrued and consolidated its position as one of Norway's leading and largest teams on construction law, holding top-ranked experience and competence in onshore and offshore construction contracts and development. Our clients include most of the major construction companies.
Working together with colleagues specialised in Real Estate, Finance, Oil & Gas, Public Procurement and other areas of adjoining expertise we are able to provide a wealth of competence useful to constructors, architects, consultants and owners in all stages of the construction process. Our construction laywers are part of Schjødt's strong tradition within dispute resolution and litigate a significant number of large and complex construction disputes before arbitration tribunals and the ordinary courts, including ground- breaking Supreme Court cases. We also have significant advisory role for many clients, including transaction work in cooperation with our M&A practice.
Our services include:
- Advice on choice of contract models (EPC, turn-key etc.)
- Petitions and other necessary contact with public building authorities
- Procurement rules, including public procurement
- Drafting of contracts
- Quality assurance and risk assessment of tenders, contract drafts etc.
- Joint ventures and consortiums
- PPI and PFI-projects, including financial aspects
- Contract negotiations
- Contractual supervision, risk assessment and follow-up on ongoing projects
- Assistance in final settlement discussions
- Dispute resolution (settlement negotiations, out-of-court brokering, arbitration and litigation)
- Seminars on Norwegian and international standard form contracts, owner and HSE regulations, planning and building law, Public-private partnership, etc.