Our dedicated team of highly experienced financial services lawyers advices both domestic and foreign banks, financing businesses, consumer credit institutions, investment firms, payment institutions and other financial institutions, management companies for investment funds, alternative investment fund managers etc. concerning for example licensing requirements, conduct of business operations, such as corporate governance issues, compliance etc., and regulatory issues.
Our team have extensive experience with assisting various players in the financial market with issues relating to the establishment of business operations inside and/or outside Norway and Sweden as well as with questions concerning the ongoing operation thereof.
Our team handle a substantial amount of regulatory work in the financial sector and enjoy a close relationship with some of the key sector organizations. Several of our partners and lawyers have invaluable experience from the regulatory side, including the Oslo Stock Exchange, the Norwegian and Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority, as well as other relevant industry bodies and associations.
Our team have expertise in national and European rules covering financial services, and place great emphasis on keeping updated with market practice and changes in practice set by supervisory authorities, as well as changes in national legislation and rules set by the EU.
Our services include
- Advising in connection with public investigations, designing of bonus schemes and enforcement of own-account trading rules
- Disputes related to financial services
- License applications and supervisory issues
- Establishment of cross-border operation through permanent establishments or freedom of services
- Legal advice in relation to the conduct of cross-border services
- Acquisition and restructuring of institutions in the financial market and transfer of business areas
- Legal advice with regard to business requirements, including organizational requirements, corporate governance, compliance issues, managing conflict of interest, good business conduct anti-money laundering, reporting requirements, capital adequacy etc.
- Advising on marketing and sale of financial instruments
- Preparation, updating and quality control of business documentation, including customer agreements, business terms, internal instructions and routines