Oil & Gas
Schjødt has been a leading provider of legal advice within the oil & gas sector from the very start of the Norwegian oil adventure in the 1970s. Since then, we have been involved in a number of the most prominent projects, transactions and disputes on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. As the only top tier firm with office in Stavanger, we remain uniquely positioned to service the major international and domestic E&P and oil services players.
The group advise a number of national and international oil companies, governmental bodies, contractors and oil service providers. The group consists of leading individuals within all the core disciplines; offshore fabrication contracts, drilling services, regulatory issues, petroleum tax, transactions and dispute resolution. The group has contributed to the standard textbook on the Norwegian regulatory framework.
Our services include:
- Transactions, including assignment of licenses
- Dispute resolution and litigation, including international arbitration
- Offshore fabrication contracts, including project advice and risk management
- Subsea contracts, including charter parties for marine spread
- Regulatory issues, including the standardized Norwegian Joint Operating Agreement
- Drilling Contracts and Drilling Services
- Sale and lease of Drilling Units and FPSO's
- Gas sales, including LNG
- Unit Agreements, including redetermination
- Tie-in Agreements
- Establishment of petroleum activities in Norway, including license applications
- Petroleum tax