Restructuring & Insolvency
Our restructuring & insolvency team is a specialised unit with particular focus on the restructuring of companies, transactions before and after bankruptcy, debt settlement negotiations, creditor recovery, advisory services relating to directors' liability and risk management related to situations where a party is in financial distress. When intermediate financing of liquidity is required, we assist in structuring collateral security.
We regularly represent players in the financial sector, such as leading banks and financial institutions in the Nordic countries, investment firms and investment funds. With extensive experience in oil and gas operations, construction, capital and securities market, trade, industry, real estate, shipping, seismic industry, aquaculture and fisheries, assistance from Schjødt will ensure the necessary expertise in crisis management of insolvency situations.
Schjødt's restructuring work is based upon a financial and operational analysis, where collateral security, the various stakeholders and critical factors for further activities form the backdrop for the alternatives that we together with the client identify as relevant. The aim of our assistance is to follow the project to a final completion - where the situation again becomes manageable in the longer term.
We assist our clients with a range of services, from informal discussions to the restructuring of multinational corporations, such as:
- Assisting companies, mortgagees, bondholders, suppliers, customers or other creditors in distressed situations
- Restructuring of companies and corporations based on legal, operational and financial evaluations
- Conducting transactions with distressed companies before or after bankruptcy and/or debt negotiations
- Handling transactions, claims and balances in regards to bankruptcy estates, including claims for retention of title at the expense of the bankruptcy estate's seizure of assets
- Enforcing mortgages, pursuing provisional security and arrest
- Arrest of vessels and handling forced sales and transactions within the shipping sector