Shipping & Offshore
Our maritime and shipping lawyers provide legal advice to Norwegian and international owners, yards and financial institutions on ship financing, shipbuilding and admiralty issues.
- Finance: Leading asset finance practice and advise on high-value, complex transactions, often with cross-border dimensions.
- Shipbuilding: Draft and advise on terms and conditions of shipbuilding contracts and ship design contracts and, and assist our clients ( owners, shipyards and ship designers) in conducting the commercial negotiations pertaining to these contracts. Advise on the pre- and post-delivery financing of all types of ships and offshore structures. Negotiating and drafting the financing documents as well as carrying out all necessary legal due diligence in respect of the relevant shipbuilding contract and refund guarantees. Act in disputes in courts and arbitrations concerning shipbuilding, ship design, ship conversion, and FPSOs and offshore platforms.
- Admiralty: Handling emergencies, including maritime collisions, salvage, maritime disasters and all other international incidents. Experienced in advising on such disasters, preservation of evidence, personal injury assistance, salvage and damage limitation.
- Mergers and acquisitions: All aspects of M & A, from the contractual arrangements and regulatory clearances to tax and financing.
- Commercial: Advising on shipbuilding, all forms of shipping contracts, charter parties, pool agreements and bills of lading. Experienced in the sale and purchase of every type of commercial ship, and advise on structuring, incorporation, taxation, insurance, flagging and crewing.
Our services include
- Charter parties and other charter agreements on ships
- Newbuilding contracts, conversion contracts and other modification contracts
- Purchase and sale
- Sale & leaseback transactions
- Management agreements
- Agency agreements
- Brokerage agreements
- Ownership and operational structures
- Joint ventures, consortium, pool agreements and other cooperation agreements
- Marine casualty
- Drilling contracts
- PSV, AHTS, Subsea construction and other offshore support/oil services contracts