Schjødt combines first class advice with broad commercial understanding. Our specialists provide advice to Norwegian and international corporations and investors, with particular emphasis on strategic tax planning, cross border issues, transaction structure and changes to corporate structures. We have excellent track record on tax disputes, including ground-breaking Supreme Court judgments. Further, Schjødt's tax team has substantial experience from advising clients on international inbound and outbound tax issues, such as exit tax rules, tax treaty regulations, withholding tax issues, cross border structures etc.
We have built our tax practice around the needs of our clients, and advice national and foreign clients establishing or doing business in Norway, including energy and offshore industry, pharmaceuticals, utilities, technology, property, trade and extractive industry investors. We have a significant market share advising multinational investors, including private equity and venture capital. Schjødt is one of very few firms providing specialist petroleum taxation services, as well as advice on the special tax regime for hydro electric power companies. Our tax specialists work closely with our other teams such as Real Estate, M&A and Litigation.
Addressing VAT/indirect taxes early with adequate planning can improve cash flow and mitigate absolute costs and risk exposure to additional tax, interest and tax audits. Our VAT/ indirect tax specialists advising companies simplify growing indirect tax complexities within their industries.
Our services include
- Strategic restructuring planning and designing optimal tax structures
- Sale, acquisition, mergers, spin-off's, IPO's and refinancing of companies
- Surveying the accounting and equity effects of transactions
- General and specialised corporate tax compliance, including petroleum and shipping taxation
- Transfer pricing
- National and international personal taxation
- Executive and employee remuneration and incentive schemes
- Succession planning and inheritance taxation
- Customs and excise duties
- Tax and VAT due diligence
- Tax audit and tax disputes