Birte BergSenior Lawyer Download vCard
Birte specialises in securities law and regulatory requirements for supervised undertakings, including investment firms, banks and fund management companies.
Birte joined Schjødt in 2014. She came from the position of senior advisor in the department of market supervision in the Financial Supervisory Authority of Norway (Finanstilsynet), where she worked for over five years. Birte was field supervisor of the section for investment firms and infrastructure, with responsibility for the organisation of investment firms, the requirements of the companies' supervisory function, management, compliance etc., and she has been central in the administration and development of policies and practices in this field in recent years.
Furthermore, she had a special responsibility for matters relating to money laundering legislation and remuneration schemes within the securities area. Birte has also participated in a number of on-site inspections, with preparations, implementation and follow-up afterwards.
In 2016/2017, Birte was secretary for the commission who prepared implementation of MiFID II in Norwegian legislation.
- Organisation and operation of investment firms, management companies, financial institutions and funds
- License applications, changes in shareholder structure, etc.
- Preparation for and management of on-site inspections
- Money Laundering Policy
- Remuneration regulations
- Listed companies' disclosure requirements and rules of conduct for capital market participants
- Prospectus requirements and prospectus preparation
- Financial services
- NOU 2018: 1 Implementation of supplementing acts to MiFID II and MiFIR.
- "New requirements to investment advice – MiFID II" in the Norwegian accounting magazine Revisjon og Regnskap 3/2017
- NOU 2017: 1 Implementation of MiFID II og MiFIR
- Listed companies' disclosure requirements – master thesis at the University of Bergen 2009