Head of Finance & Capital Markets
Bjarne is a partner in Schjødt's department for M&A and Capital Markets. He joined the firm in 2010, and specializes in capital markets transactions and securities law, with a particular focus on financial markets regulation.
He is a graduate of the Faculty of Law of the University of Oslo, and a Certified European Financial Analyst from the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration. Prior to joining the firm, he spent more than five years in Oslo Stock Exchange's legal department, and practiced as an attorney from the law firms Wiersholm and Wikborg Rein. Bjarne holds extensive experience from advising clients on securities law and regulatory issues and heads Schjødt's Financial Services group.
Bjarne is a member of the Norwegian Bar Association's securities law group.
- Ranked as one of Norway's leading lawyers within equity offerings and stock exchange listings in the Norwegian financial daily's (Finansavisens) annual survey (2017).
- Ranked within capital markets in Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR.
- Regulatory requirements for investment firms, management companies, PE/VC funds and financial institutions
- Stock Exchange listings, public takeovers and capital market transactions
- Listed companies' disclosure obligations and insider information requirements
- Disclosure of share acquisitions, primary insider notifications
- Prospectus requirements and drafting of prospectuses
- "New requirements to investment advice – MiFID II" in the Norwegian accounting magazine Revisjon og Regnskap 3/201"Securities Finance – Norway" in Getting The Deal Through 2017
- "Managers' handling of inside information pursuant to the new market abuse regulation" – lecture on the annual compliance seminar arranged by the Norwegian fund managers association 2016
- "At which stage inside information occurs", Lecture during annual Norwegian Conference on Securities Law (Børsrettsdagene) 2015
- "Securities Law in Norway", Norwegian contribution in Wolters Kluwer International Securities Law Handbook, 2015
- "New regulatory requirements for investment firms, focusing on MiFID II", seminar arranged by the Norwegian Securities Dealers' Association 2014
- Norwegian contribution in CMS Brief Guideline to Private Placement of Funds - Accessing European Investors post AIFMD 2014
- "Information requirements in the securities markets", Lecture during annual Norwegian Conference on Securities Law (Børsrettsdagene) 2014
- "Offerings in listed companies", Lecture during annual Norwegian Conference on Securities Law (Børsrettsdagene) 2012
- "The Stock Exchange's review of prospectuses - implementation of a new prospectus regime", Tidsskrift for Forretningsjus 3/2004
- Responsible for numerous Exchange Ciruclars regarding listing rules, continuing obligations for issuers of shares and bonds, prospectus rules, trading rules etc.