Claus Severin MørchPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Head of Shipping practice group
Claus joined Schjødt in 2018. His expertise is in projects and transactions within the shipping and oil service sectors, advising shipping companies, oil & gas companies, shipyards and contractors, including legal reviews and strategic inputs from planning phase to completion. Claus also advises clients in their day-to- day operations of their shipping and offshore activities. Furthermore, Claus has considerable experience in advising on regulatory matters applicable for oil & gas companies on the NCS.
Claus has his degree from the Faculty of Law, University of Oslo. Prior to joining Schjødt, Claus worked at the law firm BAHR for 7.5 years and then at the law firm Thommessen for 4.5 years. Claus has been an external examiner in petroleum contracts (such as NTK 2017/ NF 2017) at the University of Oslo.
- Sale and purchase, new-building and modification of ships, rigs and other floating units
- Charterparties and drilling/ rig contracts
- Formation, restructuring and sale/transfer of limited and internal partnership projects and other shipping business
- Regulatory regime for oil and gas activities in Norway and transactions involving oil and gas companies
- FPSO projects and other projects for floating units for offshore and oilfield services
About Claus Severin
- Legal advisor for petroleum law/regulatory framework, including joint operating agreements.
- Partner in charge with key experience with E&P transactions,renewable energy, charter-parties, drilling contracts and other commercial contracts.
Cand jur, University of Oslo