Erlend HaaskjoldPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Mr. Haaskjold has extensive experience as an arbitrator in international commercial disputes, both institutional and ad hoc, with appointments as party-nominated arbitrator, sole arbitrator or chairman. Having served as arbitrator since 2008, his experience spans a number of industry sectors, such as oil and gas, petrochemicals, commodities, shipping, insurance, real estate, construction, engineering, infrastructure and telecommunications. His dual qualification both as a common law barrister and as a civil law advocate provides him with particular insight in the different legal systems and the various challenges that may arise in international disputes. He is frequently called as an expert witness on Norwegian and Scandinavian law (contract law, company law, and private international law) in other jurisdictions.
A brilliant adviser Legal 500
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Norway (2003)
- Chartered Arbitrator (C.Arb.)
- Partner in charge Experienced litigator in commercial disputes, domestic and international arbitration, and lead counsel in some 20 cases before the Supreme Court.
- Legal Adviser in procedural issues relating to cross-border litigation, in particular with regard to forum selection and choice of law issues.
- Partner in charge Mediator in a large number of commercial disputes.
"Excellent in all areas" - Legal 500
"The best all-round lawyer we know" - Legal 500
B.C.L., University of Oxford
LL.M., London School of Economics
Cand.jur., University of Oslo
An Introduction to the Law of Obligations
Contractual Obligations, 2nd. ed.