Hallvard Gilje AarsethPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Hallvard primarily works with dispute resolution and arbitration, and has been counsel for both blue chip companies and various public bodies on several high profile cases. He has extensive litigation experience within several branches of law, including Energy Law, Shipping & Offshore, Contract/Construction Law and Public Law.
Hallvard is admitted to the Supreme Court of Norway where he has litigated cases on topics such as Damages, Public/procedural Law, Human Rights Law and Energy Taxation. Hallvard focuses on energy law in a broad sense and heads Schjødt's Renewables group. In addition to representing oil & gas clients in arbitration cases, Hallvard has assisted renewable energy producers and grid-companies with both litigation and general counselling and he is co-author of the textbook on The Energy Act.
Hallvard is a graduate from the University of Oslo, and he has also studied at the University of Edinburgh. He has been a research assistant at the Department of Petroleum and Energy Law at the University of Oslo. Before joining Schjødt Hallvard worked at The Office of the Attorney General, representing the Norwegian government in a vast number of litigation cases. Hallvard has also worked as deputy judge.
- Lead counsel on several high profile and high-value arbitrations and litigation cases.
- Lead counsel for the Norwegian government/Ministry of Finance in a Supreme Court Case regarding energy taxation.
- Lead counsel/co-counsel for oil companies in offshore arbitration cases conserning i.a. construction and lease of FPSO, drilling contracts, Rig Consortiums.
- Legal assistance (litigation and advice) to several public bodies, ministries, directorates, municipalities etc.
- Lead counsel on several Supreme Court cases conserning topics such as Damages, Energy Taxation, Human Rights, Public Law).
Recommended - Legal 500
Authorication to appear before the Supreme Court of Norway
Summer School on EU Energy Law and Policy, Florence School of Regulation, European University Institute
Master of Laws, University of Oslo
Legal studies in Contract Law/Competiton Law, EU Law, University of Edinburgh
Uforutsigbar Tariffering, Energiteknikk, Aarseth & Langvik
Energiloven med kommentarer 2. utg, Martinsen m.fl. (co-author)
Nye krav til skille mellom monopol- og konkurransebasert virksomhet i kraftsektoren - selskapsmessige og funksjonelle atskillelseskrav, MarIus nr 327
Hallvard enjoys cross country skiing, concerts and high-quality TV-series. In his spare time he is the co-coach and team manager of a junior cross contry ski team (Njård) and a junior football team (BMIL).