Harald BlaauwSenior Lawyer, Oslo Download vCard
Harald is a senior attorney in Schjødt’s M&A department, and primarily assists clients with corporate advisory and mergers, acquisitions, sales and transactional services within all market segments. Harald has extensive experience with strategic takeovers, private equity and structured processes, as well as corporate litigation and arbitration. A great deal of his work is cross-border, and he regularly assists both private and listed companies with commercial contracts and in connection with significant development and restructuring projects.
Before joining Schjødt, Harald was partner and attorney in the M&A departments of Aabø-Evensen & Co (2012-2017), Wiersholm law firm (2010-2012) and Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP in New York (2007-2010). Harald has also clerked at the Supreme Court of Norway, and acted as authorised arbitrator in a number of cases before the Philadelphia Municipal Court and the Philadelphia Arbitration Center. Harald is admitted to the bar in both Norway and USA (New York), he is a Certified Financial Analyst, and he holds an MBA with focus in finance from the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH).
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Real Estate
- Litigation & Arbitration
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Capital Markets
- Private Equity 2017, International Comparative Legal Guide, 3rd Ed. ISBN: 978-1-911367-54-3
- Mergers & Acquisitions 2017, International Comparative Legal Guide, 11th Ed. ISBN: 978-1-911367-38-3
- Private Equity 2016, International Comparative Legal Guide, 2nd Ed. ISBN: 978-1-910083-97-0
- Mergers & Acquisitions 2016, International Comparative Legal Guide, 10th Ed. ISBN: 978-1-910083-83-3
- IFLR1000 Online publication series, 9 October 2015: M&A Insuranse – Whose risk is it anyway?
- Private Equity 2015, International Comparative Legal Guide, 1st Ed. ISBN: 978-1-910083-53-6
- Mergers & Acquisitions 2015, International Comparative Legal Guide, 9th Ed. ISBN: 978-1-910083-35-2
- IFLR1000 Online publication series, 15 October 2014: New reporting routines for the PE and Venture Capital Industry
- Mergers & Acquisitions 2014, International Comparative Legal Guide, 8th Ed. ISBN: 978-1-908070-90-6
- Mergers & Acqusitions 2013, International Comparative Legal Guide, 7th Ed. ISBN: 978-1-908070-52-4
- Public policy limitations on recognition and enforceabilty of international arbitral awards under the auspices of the New York Convention. University of Penn. Law School 2009 – UPenn J. of Int. Law Ed. 2012
- A comparative analyses of: Norwegian and US Product liability regulations – Precedents, procedure and puntive damages. American University, Washington, D.C. 2007 – LL.M. thesis, University of Bergen Law School