Jeremy BiggsPartner, London Download CV Download vCard
Jeremy is a shipping and trade specialist with over 20 years’ experience advising clients in those sectors. Jeremy joined Schjodt in 2021 and is a member of the Oil, Energy and Shipping department in the London office. His expertise covers all aspects of wet and dry shipping, from shipbuilding and sale and purchase, through to charterparty disputes, unsafe port claims and collisions, as well as international trade.
He regularly acts for clients in London arbitrations (LMAA, LCIA, ICC or ad hoc) and in the English courts, and has handled several cases through to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. He acts for a wide range of shipping clients including shipowners, operators, shipbrokers, P&I Clubs and H&M Underwriters. Jeremy has a particular focus on the Greek and Turkish markets, having been closely involved in those markets for many years.
Prior to joining Schjodt, Jeremy was a partner at Ince (2010-2021).
Short, concise, and user friendly advice to help clients cut through complex problems and find a solution. Chambers and Partners
- The “Songa Winds” (2018) - LOI dispute for delivery of cargo without OBLs
- The “Zagora” (2016) - LOI dispute for delivery without OBLs
- The “Astipalaia” (2014) - claim for loss of earnings following collision
- The “Kos” (2012) - Court of Appeal and Supreme Court decisions on remuneration after repudiation of CP
- The “A Turtle” (2008) - dispute regarding ‘knock for knock’
Leading Individual - Legal 500
LPC, Nottingham Law School
Bachelor of Law, University of Nottingham