Johan Henrik NossumPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Johan Henrik is a restructuring lawyer assisting businesses under financial distress, noteholders, lenders, debt investors, creditors' committees and other financial institutions on restructuring and insolvency-related cases. He is also a specialist in bankruptcy legislation, debt negotiations and contributes actively to secure creditor interest and strategies for realisation and coverage of debts; especially transactions before or after bankruptcy proceedings.
Johan Henrik is a key resource in Schjødt‘s restructuring team, leading large restructuring processes on the debtor side, acting in lead for noteholders’ committees and representing banks. He heads Schjødt's US desk and serves an increasing amount of US based clients.
Including being a prominent resource within Schjødt restructuring department, Johan Henrik is central within Schjødts corporate investigations team. He leads Schjødts cooperation with external business partners as regards larger investigation assignments towards private parties, organizations and public authorities. Johan Henrik has broad experience within corporate investigation as an administrator of bankruptcy estates, investigations related to economic malpractice, system errors, and subsequent follow-ups when it comes to good investigation methodology.
Johan Henrik Nossum is very good at educating me on what to do and what options we have at all times, advising and making sure we do not forget any issues we need to consider. I would recommend him to anyone and work with him again any time Legal 500
About Johan Henrik
- Partner in charge on larger restructuring assignments advising bondholder committees and institutional investors.
- Partner in charge on larger interntational restructuring assignments for listed and unlisted companies.
- Partner in charge on assignment for banks on defaulted loans /loan portifolios.
- Bankruptcy trustee Regularly appointed as bankruptcy trustee by Oslo Bankruptcy Court.
Next Generation Partners, Recommended and Other key lawyer - Legal 500
Next Generation Partners and Recommended - Legal 500
Johan Henrik Nossum is highly rated by interviewees and is described as a "confident and experienced practitioner who is hard-working and always available."He is a specialist restructuring and insolvency lawyer, with experience acting for companies, banks and institutional investors - Chambers
Chambers, "Johan Henrik Nossum focuses on restructuring mandates in the offshore sector. He is noted for his expertise in corporate restructurings, while another calls him "commercially smart and really hard-working".
Legal 500, "The ‘incredibly valuable and solution-oriented’ Johan Henrik Nossum heads the practice at Advokatfirmaet Schjødt AS, which has ‘an excellent team with good professionals and a hands-on, practical approach’."
Master of Management course, Handelshøyskolen BI
Cand. Jur., University of Oslo
- Partner in charge:on the restructuring of Atlantic Offshore AS (advisor to the company).
- Partner in charge:on the restructuring of Norske Skogindustrier ASA (Norske Skog") (advisor to the ad-hoc committee for unsecured bondholders)".
- Partner in charge:on the restructuring of Nille (national retailer/store chain; advisor to the company).
- Partner in charge:on the restructuring of the Norwegian Energy Company ASA (advisor to the company).
- Partner in charge:on the restructuring of Kragerø Resort (advisor to the bank).