Kevin RubenSenior Lawyer, Dr. iur., Bergen Download CV Download vCard
Kevin specialises in M&A and finance transactions, corporate law and commercial contracts. He has gathered extensive experience in coordinating and executing cross-border transactions (including due diligences).
Before joining Schjødt, Kevin was a senior associate at Bird & Bird LLP, working in its international banking & finance group, as well as in the international corporate group. He was also a consultant for Beiten Burkhardt, and was seconded to the headquarter of Linde AG's gas division. He obtained a Doctorate degree in Law, writing on a topic of German and Austrian corporate law.
His native language is German, and he is a member of Schjødt's German Desk.
- Leading lawyer in several cross-border transactions
- Corporate lawyer in M&A and PE transactions
- Drafting templates for VC transactions
Assessor Iuris, Higher Regional Court Koblenz, Germany
Dr. iur. (PhD), University Innsbruck, Austria
Referendar at German University of Administrative Science
Mag. iur., University Heidelberg (Ruperto Carola), Germany
Positive voting right duties in German and Austrian corporate law, Kevin Ruben
- Leading Associate:advising Lexmark on the acquisition of all shares in Saperion AG a software provider with subsidiaries in several jurisdictions including post-closing reorganisation.
- Leading Associate:advising on the acquisition of the consumer portal Ciao from Microsoft which Microsoft had originally acquired for US$ 486 million.
- Leading Associate:advising PayPal (at that time a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay) on its acquisition of an online payment service provider.
- Leading Associate:advising one of the world's largest infrastructure funds on its acquisition financing, including subsequent amendment to the facilities agreement.
- Leading Associate:advising clients in syndicated secured refinancing arrangements and financial restructurings covering several jurisdictions.