Kevin RubenSenior Lawyer, Dr. iur., Bergen Download CV Download vCard
Kevin advises financial and strategic clients in all fields of corporate law, in particular in complex national and international PE and M&A transactions, venture capital and joint ventures. Furthermore, he is an experienced advisor in finance transactions and restructurings, advising lenders and borrowers.
Kevin studied at the Ruperto Carola University in Heidelberg, Germany with focus on German and international corporate law. During his legal traineeship he worked, inter alia, for CMS Hasche Sigle, Ashurst's international finance practice in London and Ashurst's corporate practice in Frankfurt a.M. Kevin also spent a part of his legal traineeship at the German University of Administrative Sciences focusing on European business law.
Before joining Schjødt, he was a Senior Associate at Bird & Bird LLP, working within the areas of corporate, international banking and finance and restructuring. Furthermore, he worked as a Consultant for Beiten Burkhardt and was seconded to the headquarter of Linde AG's Gas Division, where he was part of Linde's hydrogen initiative.
In 2008, he obtained a Doctorate degree in Law. Kevin is a member of Schjødt's German Desk and admitted to the bar in both, Norway (Advokat) and Germany (Rechtsanwalt).
The transaction would not have been closed without you Client
- Advisor in several inbound and outbound M&A transactions
- Advisor in several cross-border VC and PE transactions
- Advisor to national and international lenders and borrowers on their finance transactions
- Advisor to Norwegian investors interested in the German market and German investors interested in the Norwegian market
- Lecturer Provide client training sessions on German and Norwegian law as regards business entry, etc.
Assessor Iuris, Higher Regional Court Koblenz, Germany
Dr. iur. (PhD), University Innsbruck, Austria
Referendar at German University of Administrative Science
Mag. iur., University Heidelberg (Ruperto Carola), Germany
Positive voting right duties in German and Austrian corporate law, Kevin Ruben
- Leading lawyer:Advised Norvestor VII, L.P. on its acquisition of MONTI - Werkzeuge GmbH, including acquisition finance
- Legal advisor:Advised Grieg Seafood ASA on its acquisition of Grieg Newfoundland AS and the directed private placement
- Leading lawyer:Advised Grieg Seafood ASA on its placement of its unsecured green bond issue of NOK 1,000 million
- Leading lawyer:Advised Grilstad Holding AS on its acquisition of 49% of the shares in Matpartner AS
- Leading associate:Advising on the acquisition of the consumer portal Ciao from Microsoft which Microsoft had originally acquired for US$ 486 million