Knut Sverre Skurdal AndresenPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Knut Sverre is working with litigation in the ordinary courts and with dispute resolution in international and national arbitration. He specialises in IP dispute resolution, and works particularly with patent disputes concerning pharmaceutical, fishing, transportation and offshore technology, as well as trademark, copyright, unfair competition and marketing law disputes, and IT disputes. Knut Sverre also advises clients in cutting edge technology development projects and technology/IP M&A, and is considered a preferred strategic advisor in commercial IP and licensing matters. He has been involved in some of the most significant patent disputes before Norwegian courts in recent time. He also has broad experience from disputes concerning various commercial law matters.
Knut Sverre appears regularly as a seminar speaker and lecturer on various IP and civil procedural issues. He is author of The Legal 500 Intellectual Property Comparative Legal Guide Norway, Chambers Patent Litigation Practice for Norway and co-author of the online annotated Norwegian Civil Procedure Act.
Knut Sverre is ranked as a “Rising Star” by Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars 2018 and 2019. Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars
About Knut Sverre
- Attorney in charge of several patent validity and infringement cases
- Attorney in charge of several unfair competition law and marketing law cases
- Attorney in charge of SCC arbitrations concerning i.a. product design and offshore technology
- Attorney in charge for more than 50 arbitration and litigation cases concerning licencing, contract law and agency law
- Attorney in charge of several cutting edge technology development projects, e.g. concerning MedTech, AI technology, autonomous driving, and transportation infrastructure
Master of Law, University of Oslo
Cambridge Syndicate Examination in Business Leadership, University of Cambridge
Gyldendal Rettsdata, Commentary to the Norwegian Civil Procedure Act chapters 10, 20, 29, 30 and 31
The Legal 500 Intellectual Property Comparative Legal Guide Norway
Chambers Global Practice Guide: Patent Litigation Norway
Obiter dicta as a source of law - a question of the role of the Courts of Justice. Changes in the Norwegian Supreme Court's argumentation in the time of internationalisation? Centre for European Law
EuroRett nr. 1 2008 – nr. 1. 2009, Centre for European Law/Lovdata
Knut Sverre likes cross country and downhill skiing, and is a cross country ski trainer on the ski team for two of his children. He enjoys hunting, hiking, and back-packing in the mountains and forest. Knut Sverre also likes spending time with his family and friends, in particular at his family summer place by the sea and in his mountain cabin.
- Attorney in charge:Acted for Merck Sharp & Dohme in a multi-jurisdictional pharmaceutical patent and SPC infringement case concerning a pharmaceutical combination product comprising ezetimibe and simvastatin
- Attorney in charge:Acted for one of Norway's largest suppliers of pharmaceuticals and health-related products in a litigation concerning purchase of shares in an independent pharmacy
- Attorney in charge:Acted for a Norwegian client concerning biotechnology before the ordinary courts and The European Court of Human Rights
- Attorney in charge:Acted for Norwegian company in several matters, i.a. transfer and novation of an infrastructure agreement worth NOK 10 billion, execution and implementation of the railroad reform and procurement of new rolling stock for the Norwegian railroads
- Co-counsel:Acted for Gilead in Norway’s most significant pharmaceutical patent case, concerning validity of patents for treatment of hepatitis C with sofosbuvir