Maria Linn RiisSenior Associate, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Maria joined Schjødt in 2017 and is part of Schjødt's Dispute Resolution department, where she focuses on litigation and arbitration, primarily for clients within the energy and shipping industry.
Her experience includes complex cases for both the ordinary courts and arbitration, including international arbitrations.
Maria has broad experience in questions relating to private international law, civil procedure, arbitration procedure, contract law and tort law. Maria wrote her master's thesis on Norwegian court jurisdiction pursuant to the Civil Procedure Act section 4-3 (1), and is a co-author for Norsk Lovkommentar on the Civil Procedure Act chapter 4.
About Maria Linn
Master of Laws, University of Oslo
Co-author of Norsk Lovkommentar for the Civil Procedure Act chapter 4.
- Counsel:in an international arbitration regarding obligations pursuant to a sale and purchase of a participating interest on the Norwegian Continental shelf.
- Counsel:in an arbitration regarding obligations relating to a tie-in agreement on the Norwegian Continental shelf.
- Counsel:in a litigation regarding construction of a new building according to NS 8405.
- Legal advisor:in a dispute regarding classification on new-build ships.
- Legal advisor:in an arbitration regarding a drilling contract on the Norwegian Continental shelf.
- Legal advisor:(both disputes and advice) in a variety of cases concerning jurisdiction and choice-of-law, general contract law, contract interpretation, tort law and procedural matters, for both court litigation and arbitration.