Martin JetlundPartner Download vCard
Martin advises in particular in reorganisations, acquisitions and sales of companies, mergers and outsourcings.
Martin is specialised within employment and pensions law. He also has in-depth knowledge of EU/EEA law and assists clients with international employment relationships and cross-border operations. He is also head of our India Desk, which coordinates our services to Indian clients and to Norwegian companies doing business with companies from India, particularly in industry and technology. Martin is also a Board Member of Norway India Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Martin regularly litigates cases before the ordinary courts and arbitration tribunals.
Before joining Schjødt, Martin worked in the law firm Selmer. He has also worked as a national expert in the European Commission and as an advisor in the Ministry of Labour.
Martin is member of the Norwegian Bar Association's legal committee for employment law, and heads the forum for employment law organised by the legal education center for lawyers (JUS). He is ranked within employment law by Chambers and Partners and Legal 500, and was ranked No. 1 in the category "Up and coming" in employment law by the paper "Finansavisen" in 2017. He regularly gives lectures within employment law and is an external examiner and supervisor at the law schools in Oslo and Bergen.
- "Assignment of employees when part of an undertaking is transferred", Arbeidsrett og arbeidsliv, Vol. 4 (part 2), p. 295
- "Transferee may reduce salaries to the level of its collective agreement, European Employment Law Cases No. 2014-4, Tariffavtalens stilling ved virksomhetsoverdragelse
- "Transfer of undertaking and contractual pension (AFP)", Arbeidsrett 2015 nr. 1, s. 122-146
- Norwegian section of "Global Guide to Whistleblowing", 2015 Review by Herbert Smith Freehills
- Norwegian section of "Multi-jurisdictional Business Transfers - Employee Issues", 2017 Review by Herbert Smith Freehills