Nancy Yue Liu works at the Shanghai University of Political Science and Law. Prior to this, she lived in Norway and was a member of Schjødt's Industry/Trade and TMT group and the firm's China practice group. She specialized in data protection and information technology law, as well as M&A and regulatory issues.
She holds a PhD in IT law from the University of Oslo and an LL.M. in IT law from Stockholm University. Nancy is a qualified lawyer in China, with a Bachelor's degree from Sichuan University. She has also significant experiences as a legal consultant in China National Petroleum Corporation and as an associate in banking and finance in Shudu Law Firm. Prior to joining Schjødt, she worked as a research fellow and lecturer in Norwegian Research Center for Computers and Law, in the law faculty of University of Oslo. She has also been a visiting scholar at the law faculties of the University of New South Wales (Australia), and University of Edinburgh (UK). She is the winner of the 2010 and 2008 Best student Paper Award at the International Conference on Legal, Security and Privacy Issues in IT Law. She is fluent in Chinese, English and Norwegian.
- Bio-privacy: Privacy Regulations and Challenges of Biometrics, Routledge, 2011.9. ISBN: 9780415677905
- Cross-border transfer of personal data to countries outside the EEA: A case study of Norwegian companies, International Journal of Private Law, 2011, 4(4),457-468
- Scenario Study of Biometric Border Control System, Privacy regulations, Computer Law & Security Review, 2011, 27 (1), 36-44
- Biometric and Privacy Protection in US Constitution, Journal of International Private Law, 2010, 4(1), 54-68
- Privacy Regulation of Biometric Technology in Australia, Computer Law and Security Review, 2010, 26(4), 355-367
- The Principle of Proportionality in Biometrics: Case Studies from Norway. Computer Law and Security Report, 2009, 25.(3), 237-250
- Property Rights for Biometric Information- Protection Measure? International Journal of Private Law (IJPL), 2009, 2(3), 244-259
- Identifying Legal Concerns in the Biometric Context, in Computer Forensics and Legal Issues, AMICUS Books Division, India, 2008 (reprint)
- The Impact of Legal Challenges on the Evolution of Shop bots and Megabits, Journal of International Commercial Law and Technology 2008, 3(2),112-119 (co-authorship with Yun Wan)
- Rational Concerns about Biometric Technology: Security and Privacy. Computer security, privacy and politics: current issues, challenges and solutions. USA Hershey: IGI Global 2008. ISBN 978-1-59904-804-8. 85-120
- Identifying Legal Concerns in the Biometric Context. Journal of International Commercial Law and Technology 2008, 3(1), 45-54
- Proportionality Principle on Biometrics in Europe---Case Study of Norway, conference paper, in the 2nd International Legal, Security and Privacy Conference in IT ( LSPI); 05.12.2007 - 07.12.2007
- Legal Concerns about Biometric Technology, conference paper, International Conference on Business, Law and Technology (IBLT), 05.12.2006 - 07.12.2006
- Smart Card and Encryption as PETs in Biometric Authentication. Law, Economy and Management of New Technologies Review. ( Rivista di diritto, economia e gestione delle nuove tecnologie )2006, 2(6),1-24