Lead partner, Stavanger.
Nils specialises in M&A, corporate law, oil & gas law and general contracts law. Nils joined the firm in 2001. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Law of the University of Oslo. Prior to joining Schjødt, he spent two years as an associate with law firm BAHR. Nils has been a partner in Schjødt since 2005 and is a member of our Energy Offshore and Construction Group. He is also an associated member of our Capital Markets Group.
- M&A related to oil & gas license interests on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Nils is the "go to" lawyer for both domestic and international clients seeking to acquire or divest interests in license assets on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. He has been involved in the major transactions (both on a company and asset level) in the market for the last decade, including several cross border transactions. Nils is recommended by Legal 500 (2015) and has been nominated in Who's Who Legal (2015) by peers as one of the leading practitioners within M&A and Governance.
- Structuring and negotiation of gas infrastructure and oil/gas asset transactions on the Norwegian continental shelf (including Gassled transactions)
- Structuring and negotiation of oil services transactions, both domestic and cross-border
- Long experience with representing domestic and foreign PE funds in structuring and negotiating investments in Norway and abroad both inside and outside the energy sector
- Long experience in drafting and negotiation of contracts for the petroleum industry