Sigurd Holter TorpPartner Download vCard
I have been a lawyer in Schjødt's litigation department since 1999, and have extensive experience in a wide range of civil and criminal cases. I was educated at the University of Oslo. I worked as a deputy judge at Ringerike District Court from 2001 to 2003, then it was back to Schjødt. I was admitted to the Supreme Court in 2010. I have extensive expertise in litigation and a significant practice within advise and litigation in relation to business law. Throughout my career I have assisted in large and complex disputes, particularly related to media law, contract law, intellectual property rights and white collar crime.
Sigurd Holter Torp has honed his trial skills to the sharpest point and effortlessly dispatches a diverse caseload of commercial, civil and criminal matters IAM
- Legal advisor for POlaris Media ASAn a dispute with the law firm Arntzen de Besche with a claim for compensation for negligent advice. Our client was awarded a compensation from Oslo City Court.
- Defence councel for Yara International ASA which was charged with two counts of corruption in what is the most comprehensive corruption case as yet in Norway.
- Legal advisor for TV 2 and got a temporary injunction against Nordi Entertainment Group, forbidding them to send TV 2s matches from Champions League to distributors via Viaplay.
- Legal advisor for Songa Offshore ASA in a lawsuit filed by Arne Blystad AS, which claimed the right to the name Songa, that the listed company would change its name as well as a significant compensation for use of the name. Songa was acquitted and awarded legal costs.
- Legal advisor Staur in two comprehensive arbitration cases filed by Rema Industrier, where approx. MNOK 400 was claimed in damages related to the sale of shares in Norsk Kylling AS. Staur was acquitted and awarded legal costs in the first arbitration case, which led to that Rema Industrier then dropped the next case and compensated Staur's costs also there.
Chambers, Clients describe him as efficient and business-orientated." Recognised for his abilities in complex litigation, he is particularly active on cases in the engineering and technology sectors."
Best Lawyers: Oslo Media Law, "Lawyer of the Year ".
Cand. jur., University of Oslo
Lov og Rett: Korrupsjon - formålets betydning for utilbørlighetsvurderingen
Lov og Rett: Gjenåpning av sivil sak mellom private parter grunnet brudd på folkeretten - reparasjonshensynets betydning
- Weight lifting
- Represented Cappelen Damm AS:in a dispute with the Norwegian Government/ Norwegian Competition Authority.
- Represented I K Lykke AS:in legal proceedings against Coop Norge SA.
- Has represented:Se og Hør, Fædrelandsvennen and Stena Drilling before the Supreme Court.
- Legal advisor:in a large number of cases represented Verdens Gang, TV 2 and Nettavisen.