Siv SandvikPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Siv has extensive experience from both financial and organizational restructurings of larger company groups cross-border and involving different restructuring regimes, mainly within the financial services-, shipping and oil services- and mining sectors.
Siv is recognized internationally as one out of very few Norwegian lawyers with extensive knowledge of and hands-on advice on all aspects of mining law, both with regard to land based and seabed extraction. She provides advice relating to acquisition of mining property, regulatory requirements and permits, listing- and market disclosures, environmental issues, various types of financing as well as commercial contracts.
Siv serves as a trusted advisor to a wide range of company groups and boards on every aspect of company law, accounting law and good corporate governance. She has served as a board member on several listed companies.
She is very active in diverse areas and has a very good network; she knows all the relevant players. Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Administrator and bankruptcy trustee, regular appointed by several Norwegian courts in court monitored restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Board member in state-owned and/or listed companies.
- Chair person of the control committee of several Norwegian banks and other financial institutions.
- Founding Member of the International Insolvency Institute.
- Member of the Board of Administrators on the public administration of Kaupthing Bank in Norway. Appointed by the Norwegian Financial Supervisory Authority.
Other key lawyer - Legal 500
Recommended - Legal 500
Leading Indvidiual - Chambers and Partners Europe
“Siv Sandvik is reputed for her work on domestic and international financial and organisational restructurings in the offshore and oil and gas sectors. She is described by a marked commentator as “knowledgeable, efficient, pleasant and able to work well under pressure as well as appreciate the importance of inter-client relationships”.” Chambers
Cand. jur., University of Oslo
Co-author of the commentary text book on the Recovery Act "Dekningsloven med kommentarer" (Gyldendal).