Torkel HopePartner, Bergen Download CV Download vCard
Torkel is a partner in the firm's Oil, Energy & Shipping division and primarily advises companies within oil service, trade and industry.
Torkel has extensive experience as legal and commercial adviser to companies within the energy sector and has in-depth knowledge of the industry. He has been head of negotiations for several large-scale industrial agreements and construction projects (upstream and downstream) as well as acquisitions/sale of companies, installations and processing plants. Before joining Schjødt, Torkel operated a corporate law firm mainly serving clients in the oil and gas industry. Torkel has also worked as Manager of Contracts & Procurement in former Statoil, and has also worked in the oil and gas department of a major Norwegian law firm. He has also worked as deputy judge in Bergen City Court.
Torkel's primary expertise is contract and corporate law, transactions, negotiations and corporate advisory services.
- Legal advisor Preparation and negotiation of contracts.
- Legal advisor Structuring, preparation and management of tenders.
- Partner in charge Project and corporate advisory services.
- Partner in charge Fabrication/EPC contracts, subsea contracts and decommissioning.
- Legal advisor Contract law, corporate law and transactions.
Cand. jur., University of Bergen
Business Economist, Norwegian Business School, BI