Torkel HopePartner Download vCard
Torkel is a partner in the firm's Oil, Energy & Shipping division and primarily advises companies within oil service, trade and industry.
Torkel has extensive experience as legal and commercial adviser to companies within the energy sector and has in-depth knowledge of the industry. He has been head of negotiations for several large-scale industrial agreements and construction projects (upstream and downstream) as well as acquisitions/sale of companies, installations and processing plants. Before joining Schjødt, Torkel operated a corporate law firm mainly serving clients in the oil and gas industry. Torkel has also worked as Manager of Contracts & Procurement in former Statoil, and has also worked in the oil and gas department of a major Norwegian law firm. He has also worked as deputy judge in Bergen City Court.
Torkel's primary expertise is contract and corporate law, transactions, negotiations and corporate advisory services.
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts
- Structuring, preparation and management of tenders
- Project and corporate advisory services
- Fabrication/EPC contracts, subsea contracts and decommissioning
- Contract law, corporate law and transactions