Trond SollundPartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
Trond specialises in litigation and arbitration, with a particular focus on the offshore sector, including offshore wind and decommissioning projects. In addition he has extensive experience with offshore construction contracts, rig-contracts and gas sales agreements. He joined the firm in 1998. Trond is a graduate of the Faculty of Law of the University of Oslo, with foreign study ships at the University of Southampton. He has also been an associate judge at Nedre Romerike tingrett. Trond was admitted to the Supreme Court in 2008.
Trond is ranked by i.a. Legal500, Chambers and Best Lawyers as a leading practitioner on these matters. He has been in charge of a number of large projects and disputes related to major offshore development projects. Trond also has more general experience with litigation and arbitration and has acted as a sole arbitrator in an ICC dispute.
extremely good with the detail in court cases and has good technical knowledge Chambers and Partners
- Legal advisor On Schjødt's team litigating the largest offshore construction case in Norway's history. Schjødt successfully represented ExxonMobil. The trial hearings took around 20 months to complete
- Partner in charge Regularly represents both Norwegian and international oil service companies and oil companies in offshore construction litigation and arbitration.
- Admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court in 2008.
- Partner in charge Extensive experience with international arbitration related to shipbuilding contracts, offshore wind projects and EPC contracts.
- Legal advisor Involved in several major ICC arbitrations.
- Lecturer "Decommissioning of offshore installations", Berlin 2009
- Lecturer "Failed contractual assumptions in offshore contracts", Solstrand 2008
- Lecturer "The right of retention in offshore fabrication contracts", Solstrand 2010
Recommended - Legal 500
Leading Individual - Chambers and Partners Global and Europe
Chambers and Partners: Dispute Resolution - Practice head Trond Sollund is described by clients as an exceptionally thorough litigator. He specialises in the oil and gas sector and also acts as an arbitrator.
Cand. jur., University of Oslo
Ownership to options in rig contracts, Lov og Rett
Contractual challenges in decommissioning projects, Lov og Rett
The contract period in rig contracts, Lov og Rett