Vidar StrømmePartner, Oslo Download CV Download vCard
With my varied background, I believe I am one of the few successful generalist in the big lawfirms. I have been admitted to the Supreme Court for almost 30 years. Even if I have dealt with a variety of cases, my main interests are in, the still varied, fields of Freedom of Expression, Oil and Gas, Fisheries and Contract Disputes. The recipe for a successful Court Case is mainly structure, provided by the law. And then finding the facts, which you have to check for yourself.
Vidar Strømme is a key name for oil and gas litigation Legal 500 2018
- Lawyer with more than 20 cases for the supreme court, 2 of them plenary cases
- Former Attorney General, civil affairs
- Former Assistant Judge
- Former District Attorney
- Former Banking Lawyer
Legal 500, "Vidar Strømme is a key name for oil and gas litigation".
Chambers, "Vidar Strømme has a broad practice, acting on commercial and civil disputes. He also receives particular recognition for defamation cases."
Private pilot license, instrument rated
Foundation level, astrophysics, University of Oslo
Foundation level, philosophy, University of Oslo
Cand. jur., University of Oslo
Privatlivets Fred, in Rettsavklaring og rettsutvikling, festschrift to Supreme Court Justice Schei
Kommentarutgave til Vær Varsom-plakaten, Helle, H. and Strømme V.
Towards a Stronger Legal Profession in the Russian Federation, Shakirov,F., Pillay,R, and Strømme, V., (ICJ Report)
Kildebeskyttelse i terrorens tid, Strømme, V.
Paradigmeskifte i injurieretten, Schiøtz, C. and Strømme, V.
- Represented ExxonMobil:in the biggest court case in Norway ever, "the Balder case"
- Represented Edward Snowden: in extradition case
- Represented real estate company Entra: in successful Court case on rekkefølgekrav
- Represented Canica AS:in successful tax Court Case