Vidar specialises in litigation, with a particular focus on oil and gas and on media law. Vidar joined the firm in 1993, but has a broad experience as Attorney General (Civil Affairs) and also as District Attorney and Associate Judge. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Law of the University of Oslo, and he is admitted to the Supreme Court of Norway.
- Represents most of the major Norwegian media companies, and has acted for them in cases involving libel, privacy and copyright
- Represented ExxonMobil in the biggest court case in Norway ever, the "Balder" case
- More than 20 cases for the Supreme Court, 2 of them plenary cases
- Former Attorney General (Civil Affairs)
- Former District Attorney
- Former head of the Norwegian Lawyers Association's group on civil procedure